Red Velvet

7/20/2013

Hi!

I will write this post entirely in English, since I think it's much more simple to do reviews in one language only, hahah! Anyway, Some time ago I ordered a new Retrofuturist lipstick from Lime Crime since I was running out and it's my favorite red ever. I also wanted to order something new, so I bought their Velvetines matte gloss in Red Velvet. I've been drooling after these matte glosses since they launched, and finally I got my own! There are two options, Red Velvet, which is deep red and Suedeberry, which is very bright red with slightly coral tone.

Before I start sharing my experiences, I'd like to make clear that this is not a sponsored review, and Lime Crime didn't ask me to review this product. I just simply want to review this since I have never reviewed matte products before, and I really love this stuff! And also many of my FB fans have been asking for this review, haha!

So here's my order. Red Velvet and Retrofuturist.(picture from LC's website!)
 I'm not going to review Retrofuturist since you've seen a million pictures of it already and I wear it almost every day or so.



Packaging is very pretty, and I really like the brush. It's very easy to apply the gloss with it since it's quite small, I found this very handy especially because of my piercings. The formula of the gloss is very nice, not thick or lumpy in any way.


Then the cool part begins. So how does a lipgloss turn into matte lipstick?
Well, when the gloss dries, it turns completely matte. Seriously. It doesn't shimmer or shine in any way. It's really amazing! Here's a picture of the product when it's still wet and when it's dry.


Here's a picture of the gloss on lips (one coat). In real life it's slightly darker than in the picture. This was taken in sun so it's a bit over-exposed... (a bit lol)
Anyway, my lips dry very easily, and I was a bit worried that this matte gloss wouldn't look good on me because of that, or that it would dry my lips even more. Luckily, I was wrong, since this gloss doesn't dry my lips at all. It almost feels like I'm not wearing anything on my lips after the gloss dries! I usually apply two coats to make the color a bit deeper and darker.


I've been wearing this for a couple of times now, but unfortunately I don't have too many pictures of it. So, I'm just gonna repost this picture from my last blogpost since I'm wearing the gloss here. What I really like about this gloss is that it's very long-lasting and it doesn't bleed or smudge. Actually it's rather difficult to get it off once you want to get rid of it, haha!


idkuva


I'm also wearing this gloss today, and here's a short video from my Instagram. My right eye is still irritated after the recent eye infection I had, so I'm not wearing any lenses today.



So what do you think? Are you more into matte or non-matte lipsticks?

I have to say that I'm totally in love with this product. I really want to try more matte lipsticks and glosses in the future!


24 comments :

  1. The colour of Red velvet is absolutely stunning! I much prefer matte colours on lip products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all about very matte lip products, I absolutely hate glosses and don't really like lipsticks that are too glossy-looking. I am sure I would fall in love with this product, I know I would, but I just cannot afford the shipping costs ):
    Sephora does a line of lip products like this, I own the red one and it is amazing... You might want to check those out too if you liked this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. voiks tohon päälle laittaa huulirasvaa tai huulikiiltoo tms? haha oon tyhmä :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rasvaa ei varmaan mutta kiiltoa ehkä :D tosin, jos kiiltävän siitä haluat tehä niin suosittelen vaan suoraan ostamaan punaisen huulikiillon!

      Delete
  4. I loooove Red Velvet! I bought it the moment it came out and I need to order it again because I ran out since I loved it so much! It truly is the richest red I have ever had the pleasure of wearing. It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mä näin sut bussi pysäkillä steissin lähellä yks päivä, ja hyvä etten rikkonu meijä auton ikkunaa ku huusin ja riehuin ''ROSESHOCK BLOGGAAJA ON TUOLA APUA'' :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aivan ihana! Kyllä itekin rakastuin nyt mattahuulikiiltoihin ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really pretty and suits you very well! And I love the shape of your lips so much ♥ I wish mine were a bit more full so lipstick would look more impressive :'D
    I alos have a love for matte reds, I got a lipgloss once that turns matte too. Lately I didn't have much opportunities to wear make up at all and my skin and lips are super dry... but hopefull in autumn I will wear more make up again ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! It looks really good... I like the matte one...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ääää,aivan ihana väri tossa!<3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Te ves tan linda con ese look en tu mini video, creo que estoy oficialmente enamorada de tí <3 jajajaja pero no es una manera extraña y enferma, el Velvetine te luce como de porcelana, excelentes fotos como siempre linda, por cierto tus uñas me encantaron, ¿Puedes decirnos cuál esmalte es?
    Gracias :3 ¡Ciao!

    barbarellamaquill-arte.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rajaatko, tai pohjustatko huulia mitenkään ennen kun laitat ton mattahuulikiillon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. En rajaa enkä pohjusta mitenkään, tää toimii mainiosti ilman sellasia :)

      Delete
  12. I have been umming and ahhing over getting the red velvet Matte gloss for months and after reading this it has pretty much sealed the deal I'm buying it right now ^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pysyykö todella ilman rajauskynää karkailematta huulijuonteisiin? Voi ei, mun on ehkä pakko saada tämä! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kyllä ainakin mulla pysyy! Suorastaan hankala välillä saada tätä pois kun ei meinaa millään lähteä haha :D

      Delete
  14. this matte colour is so beautiful! when I saw in your insta I didn't guess was a lipgloss but a lipstick! the finish is perfect!
    x

    veruzkas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wanted to buy one and now i want it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think this is one of the best red gloss..well i hate gloss, but this one doesn't even look like so i wish i had D: <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. I worry the same about matte colors on dry lips. This one really looks beautiful, though.

    ReplyDelete