Sharkmaid

2/04/2014

Hi

I think we all find mermaids interesting and mysterious.. but for some reason people tend to have very different images of mermaids. Nowadays most girls think of them as cute, pastel, long haired princesses. I've always thought mermaids are creepy as fuck. So yeah, today I created a mermaid makeup from my own head.

I'm actually really afraid of the underwater but it fascinates me. Especially sharks and all types of deep-water creatures have my attention. I wanted to mix sharks and mermaids, since they both crave for the flesh of the man, hah.


This is actually my first time using facepaints for such look. I used light and dark blue water based colors from Grimas. The outcome wasn't very smooth though, so I also used various blue eyeshadows and glitters to finish the skin.

I used red lip liner around my tear duct, and also put on red lipstick to add contrast.



It's been a while since my last full-face look. It was really a lot of fun to create this new character. I wish my skin was naturally blue.






16 comments :

  1. My kind of Mermaid, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kind of mermaid, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I think mermaid I think a mysterious breathtaking beauty. Beauty is a big word. And I think your version is a breathtaking beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! And I agree with you, mermaids should be scary, they were originally.

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So creepy, awesome! You're absolutely right, mermaids are creepy creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is one creepy but gorgeous looking mermaid :DD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaa, tää on niin upea! (*___*)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aivan uskomattoman ihana! Kiva nähdä näitä "hahmo" meikkejä taas! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love mermaids and always wanted to be one. I must admit that I loved them more because of this look ;u; I love creepy looks <3



    http://roykawaiiza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is amazing! This is true that mermaids are creepy.. Kind of like sirens. Love the gills

    ReplyDelete