Ice Queen of Fort Briggs

7/18/2015

Hi!


I've been posting some of these pictures on Instagram earlier today and promised to post the full set here for you to see! I dressed up as one of my all time favorite female characters today, and we took a handful of photos with my husband. The character is Olivier Mira Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist. Many of you probably know it's my favorite series.

It's middle of summer, so we had to find a concrete wall instead of using actual landscapes (since Olivier hangs at the freezing Fort Briggs). Also, my Armstrong sword isn't finished yet, so I used a (toy!) pistol instead. I can't wait to have another Olivier photoshoot after summer with the sword and the furry coat. Now it's obviously way too warm to wear such things. But I hope you enjoy the pictures nevertheless! I'm really happy how they turned out.





 The amazing uniform that I'm wearing is made by the talented people of
 the details and quality of fabric made the outfit look like a real uniform instead of a costume. 
I actually think some people mistook me as a real police officer today when we were going out to take pictures, haha! Freeze!

The direct link to this uniform is here (click!) 

You can basically make any FMA officer with the same costume which is pretty cool, just add minor details. Also they carry the special uniforms for males, females and higher rank officers. If you ever need a FMA uniform for a cosplay, this is definitely the place to get it. Japan Cosplay has hundreds of anime and game costumes, that are handmade in Japan for the best quality. They also make custom sized costumes! I was very lucky to get one of their costumes to show you guys. The craftsmanship is very impressive.
Japan Cosplay also has a blog for latest cosplay news from Japan, it's pretty interesting so please check it out if you are into cosplay! 





 The wig that I chose was a bit too curly, but I actually think Olivier cosplay needs a slightly curly hair. In the anime her hair has a lot of movement, and you just can't get it with a perfectly straight wig. This wig is from Annabelle's wigs. I should get a proper lace front though. The contacts that I'm wearing are GEO Super Nudy Blue, which I've shown earlier on my blog. 

Olivier's makeup was pretty simple. She has every Armstrong's long bottom lashes, full pink lips and strong eyebrows. I actually had to remove half of my eyebrows to get the perfect angry look into them. But it was worth it!

 Thanks wind for giving me that badass coat tail swing thing


Am I the only one who really wants to binge watch Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood after this post? Haha, anyway. Thanks for checking this out!


Who's your favorite strong anime lady? 




20 comments :

  1. Omg the costume looks so good! Need to check out this store *--*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may be the best Olivier I have seen! The makeup is very impressive, the way you have drawn on the bottom lashes looks so cool. I also need to order those lenses asap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NIIN HIENO mutta miksi oi miksi tuo punainen pistoolin pää :( näyttää ihan hölmöltä..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tuo on tosiaan lelupistooli, ja niissä kaikissa on punainen pää. Mun käsittääkseni on laitonta kuljettaa mukanaan sellasta josta toi punanen pää on poistettu/maalattu piiloon.

      Delete
  4. Todella hyvältä näyttää! Vaikken olekaan koskaan kattonut/lukenut FMA:ta :D

    Ghost in the Shellistä Major Motoko Kusanagi on kyl aika badass! Ootko koskaan kattonu sitä?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha lainasin joskus kyseistä sarjaa kirjastosta kun oon ollu nulikka, en kyl muista siitä enää yhtään mitään :D pitäs varmaa kattoo uudelleen nytkun ehk tajuaiskin jotain!

      Delete
    2. Kannattaa todellakin kattoo ne sarjat ja leffat! Olis myös kiva jos cossaisit joskus Majuria!

      Delete
  5. Aivan mieletön! Niin upea asu ja meikki.

    http://noorahoo.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this cosplay! It suits you so well gosh!
    I'm not that much into anime but I love Saber from Fate/Stay Night! I totally see you cosplaying her!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work is truly breathtaking, I must say it a pleasure to see it with each one of your posts. It is indeed such a wonderful talent you have, so thank you for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful perfect photoshoot. Like your cosplays so much ♥
    My favorite strong anime lady is Mikasa Ackerman from Shingeki no Kyojin. I think all who watch anime know her ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mun on ihan pakko kertoa että olet harvinaisen hyvä suomalainen anime/manga hahmojen cossaaja koska panostat myös meikkipuoleen. Olen vasta hiljattain löytänyt blogisi ja cossejasi on ilo katsella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitoksia! Mutta toi meikkipuoli taitaakin olla mun ainut vahvuus tässä hommassa, haha :'D..

      Delete
  10. My favorite is still Major Motoko Kusanagi, but she is hard to want to cosplay with the super skimpy outfits. Also will always adore Ryoko Hakubi.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mä en oikeesti kestä tota meikkia, NIIN IHAANAAAA!! Hitsi jos haluisit tehä tosta meikistä tubeen meikkitutoriaalin !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Näytät ihan barbielta :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe *___* I'm in love! You fit her very well!

    ReplyDelete